Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Breakfast Bento: Dino Pancakes!

Not super colourful, but it was delicious! :)

Quick bento breakfast today. 2g Activia Strawberry/kiwi yogurt mixed with 1g Silhouette 0+ Vanilla yogurt, green seedless grapes, dinosaur-shaped pancakes and a sliced egg muffin. Again, this one sprung up around a recipe... I wanted to make the egg muffins today for breakfast, just to try something different. I didn't fill them with anything- it's just salt, pepper and egg. :) My husband said they were okay, but I wasn't a big fan... the texture was a bit too spongy for me. Perhaps the next time I want to whip them up, I'll have more ingredients to put in them.

The pancakes are made with my favourite pancake recipe from Allrecipes, which is simply titled "Fluffy Pancakes". 1/4 cup of batter is all it takes to make a nice-sized pancake. I suggest you try them, they're delicious and super easy to make!

Calorie breakdown for this bento:

Yogurt: (2 g Activia) 57 + (1 g Silhouette) 10= 67 calories
Pancakes (1): 115 calories
Green Seedless Grapes (2g):  104 calories
Egg Muffin (1): 54 calories (based on calories in a small egg)

Total: 340 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment