Thursday, August 16, 2012

Gundam Bento

Bento of the Week

This morning, my husband was just surfing the web, doing the things he usually does at his computer when he came across this... interesting... parody video:



And showed it to me. After watching this video once, I could not get it out of my head.

So we watched it a few more times after that. Then again later on in the day.

And I just watched it again a few minutes ago. :p Needless to say, I think this video (and the song, apparently done by a Korean artist called Psy) has throughly embedded itself into my psyche.

Now, I know the guy is saying "Gangnam", but because of this video all I hear is "Gundam Style!"... And thusly, the inspiration for today's bento was born.

Op...op,op,op, oppa Gundam Style!
The primary Gundam head shown in the video is the RX-78-2 Gundam (from Mobile Suit Gundam), which is an anime that my husband and I are currently watching. I made the Gundam's head out of processed swiss cheese slices, nori, yellow cheese, and nectarine skin. Alongside it is two sliced veggie breakfast sausages, six cherry tomatoes, Calrose rice and nectarine slices.

To make the Gundam's head, I basically just drew the head freehand onto a piece of paper, cut it out and used the piece of paper as a guide to cut the shapes out of cheese and nectarine with toothpicks.

Calories:

Nectarine, 1/2: 32
Processed Swiss Cheese, 1 slice: 60
Yves Veggie Breakfast Sausage, 2: 70
Cherry tomato x 6: 24
Calrose rice, 1/2 cup: 170

Total: 356

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Great recreation with food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Gundam head is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Love it!!! My little one is a BIG YouTube surfer so I'll be sure to show him this tomorrow. Hopefully it'll distract him from "Rainbow Cat" videos for a while ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat. Nice touch with the alternating peach slices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent job! Thanks for linking this up at Bento Blog Network!

    Diana
    Bento Blog Network
    Diana Rambles
    Custom Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, they took the video down. Kickass bento!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cristi- I managed to find it online again at Ebaumsworld. Have linked it up! :)

      Delete