Thursday, July 25, 2013

On Procrastination And The Importance Of Natural Lighting

I did say Thursday, but I didn't say which Thursday, did I? ;)

Long time no blog! and here I return to the fray after almost a year. A switch from a part-time job to a full-time job meant that I had less time on my hands, and the long commute to my new job (3.5 hrs total commute) meant that all I wanted to do when I got home was spend time with my husband. Most of my lunches turned into leftovers in a container for awhile. Then, I found out I was going to have a baby and all hope was lost; I was completely distracted! I now have in my life a healthy, happy and adorable three month old girl who is growing fast. I couldn't be happier. :)

I'd been thinking for a month that I should return to blogging. I thought that weekly updates instead of biweekly updates would be more manageable. I figured that I could commit to one update a week... and if I do more, great! So I went out, bought some simple boxes and some food picks from Dollarama, aaaand... did nothing with them for a month. :p They just sorta sat there... the containers were used for leftovers, but nothing else.

Then things changed for me. Last night, in fact... I was putting together a box for myself to eat in the morning before my baby woke up, consisting of leftover rice and a spinach salad. While I was cutting up the bell pepper I noticed that the bottoms would make a nice butterfly. So, I decided to throw together a little bento for myself.

So here you go. Nothing fancy, but it made my morning a little brighter:






So nummy and pretty. :D The natural light brings out the colour of the food far better than flash did... this is what my lovely, delicious meal looked like when I took the photo on the table (with flash) instead of by the window:


All ingredients are fresh... but they only really looked vibrant when they were by the window.The Blueberries in particular looked amazing in natural light. The flash was a bit too harsh, it turns out.

One of these days, I will buy a decent camera. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment